House Rules & Our Terms
We like to keep things simple at Underhill House, but here are a few essentials;
We operate a strict no smoking policy within the cottages, and ask that those guests that do smoke do so well away from the cottages and use the sand buckets provided for their stubs.
Please occupy the cottages quietly and avoid disturbing residents or other guests; its peaceful up here and we’d like to keep it that way.
There is plenty of parking around the site, but please park considerately.
The properties must be kept clean and tidy and left as you found them – if extra cleaning is needed we will charge you for it. You must not use the property for any illegal or commercial purpose and you and your party must behave in a responsible manner. We do not allow house parties or events unless by special arrangement. If you damage the property you will be liable to pay for the damage. You must not allow more people to stay in the property than is stated as the maximum occupancy. All guests (adults, children and infants) are included in the maximum occupancy.
We generally do not allow pets on shorter stays. On a longer stay, if you have a well behaved dog we may consider it, but will apply a surcharge. We expect you to be scrupulous about keeping dogs on a leash at all times and cleaning up their mess, etc. Please do not allow dogs upstairs at Little Underhill, nor on the furniture or beds. Please do ask us before going ahead to book.
You are welcome to use the onsite play set, but please be aware that it is designed for use of children between the ages of 5 and 12 years only. All children must be supervised by a responsible adult.
The play area is a non smoking area – in the interests of safety, please do not take glass or alcohol into this area. All users use at their own Risk – management of Underhill House do not accept responsibility for any claim, loss or damage which may arise resulting from the use of the facility.
Guests of Little Underhill have exclusive use of the garden of that property, and there is a seated area to front and back of Courtyard Cottage for the exclusive use of guests there. The gardens to the main house are private – but we would be delighted to show keen gardeners amongst our guest around them on request, and to meet the Llamas, Chickens, and our Cat Percy.
Terms and Conditions and Refund Policy
Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions as agreed to at the time of booking.
- A contract between you (the client) and us (the owners) will come into existence when we receive payment and accept your booking by issuing a confirmation of booking for the holiday dates shown in the rental agreement. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
- Bookings made in excess of 14 days prior to check in require 50% down to secure the dates. Remainder is due 14 days prior to check in. Bookings made within 14 days of arrival are to be paid for in full, in advance.
- All cancellations must be immediately notified by telephone and then in writing. If you cancel your booking more than 14 days before arrival then we will refund you 100% of your booking fee. If you cancel within 14 days of your arrival then the fee is forfeit. Cancellations due to unexpected tightening of government restrictions, or legitimate concerns relating to the health of one of your party, relating to Covid, are for 100%.
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 4 (Courtyard Cottage) or 8 (Little Underhill).We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
- We (the owners) reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- We or our representative reserve the right to enter the apartment at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Tenancies normally commence at 4pm unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the apartment by 10am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests. We would be grateful if the cottages are left in a clean and tidy condition.
- Unauthorised pets, or smoking anywhere on the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by pets or smoking will be at the expense of you.
- Damage deposit – In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result. All bookings attract a Deposit charge – Courtyard Cottage @ £100, Little Underhill @ £200. This will be preauthorised on your chosen payment card prior to your arrival – no funds will be drawn unless we have incurred loss or unexpected costs. The authorisation will be cancelled on your departure.
- Damage to property – Please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. In the event that you notice damage in your accommodation please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there have been any breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could replace them or advise us before you leave. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage found.
- Please be security conscious and lock the doors and close the windows when you leave the accomodations unoccupied – in the event that the accomodation suffers a break in during your tenancy the owners shall not be liable for any damage or loss you may suffer. Should it be deemed that the break in is as a result of negligence on your part, you may be charged for any damage or loss incurred by the owners.
- The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if you leave the property in an unacceptable condition.
- Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- You (the client) may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- The internet connection is available (at no extra cost) subject to technical availability.
- The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building or grounds.
- All inventory must remain in the property it was in at arrival and not be taken to another property.
- Children under 18 must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times.
- Your children are welcome to use the play area in the grounds. Please be advised that the play set is designed for use of children between the ages of 5 and 12 years only. All children using the area must be supervised by a responsible adult. In the interests of safety, please do not smoke or bring dogs, glass or alcohol into the area. Use of the facility is entirely at your own risk and we (the owners) do not accept responsibility for any claim, loss or damage which may arise resulting from the its use.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us/the property manager at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
- This property is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.